At the North River Optical Shop we offer a wide variety of frames in the latest styles. Our lens options make sure that you get the right type of lens to best meet your needs for glasses and prescription sunglasses. Read below to learn more about what we offer!
- Single vision lenses which sharpen vision.
- Bi-focal lenses which sharpen vision both near and far.
- Tri-focal lenses which sharpen vision in three ways: near, intermediate, and far.
- Progressive lenses which sharpen vision at many distances and have no lines. We offer a wide variety of progressive lenses, including the Varilux Comfort which has been the gold standard for progressive lenses. Varilux Comfort delivers a versatile design that provides exceptionally easy adaptation for wearers. We also offer the Varilux Physio, which brings the corrective power of wavefront technology, similar to the technology used in laser surgery, to progressive lenses.
- Reading or computer glasses which have single vision lenses that sharpen near vision.
- Sun wear which reduces glare and offers UV protection.
- Polycarbonate lenses which are impact resistant, thinner, and lighter than basic plastic and more scratch resistant.
- Trivex lenses which offer crisp optics, block 100% of UV rays, and are impact resistant.
- High Index lenses which refract light to improve focus and reduce the lens thickness.
- Aspheric lenses which are formed in a non-rounded shape to offer sharper vision.
- Anti-reflective treatment, which reduces glare, eliminates reflections, increases light transmission, improves night vision, increases resistance to dust and other contaminants, and reduces eye fatigue on the computer.
- Transition lenses have the ability to change tint intensity from indoors to outdoors and offer UV protection. Transitions offer the latest and most advanced photochromic lens technology and set a new standard of advanced performance, providing even more visual quality, visual comfort, and eye protection than ever before.
- Drivewear which improves driving vision, reduces glare, and adjusts to varying light conditions. Drivewear lenses are capable of sensing and reacting to varying light conditions both outside and behind the windshield of the car. From bright sunlight accompanied by intense, blinding glare, to overcast inclement conditions. Drivewear lenses provide glare protection through polarization in which they enhance and protect vision through photochromics which respond to both visible and UV light.
- Polarized lenses diminish glare and reduce eye fatigue. Polarized lenses are used in sunglasses to reduce glare from reflective surfaces such as the surface of a lake or the hood of a car.
- Costa Del Mar
- Liberty Sport for Kids
- Ray Ban
- Calvin Klein
- Nine West
- Diane Von Ferstenberg